Goodness me, it really is only a week away now. The best linux and free and open source conference I've ever ever been to. This year linux.conf.au is in Wellington, New Zealand at http://lca2010.org.nz . LCA2009 was fabulous, LCA2008 was brilliant, LCA2007 was awesome and LCA2006 was inspiring. I expect LCA2010 to be better than all of them. Combined.
No Pressure Guys ;)
The Welly10 team, slaving and sleep-deprived, have been putting the finishing touches on a well-executed plan. I truly fear they are putting all of us who went before them to shame.
Here's what I'm looking at doing in Wellington next week.
Day 1 - Monday 18th January
Co-hosting Libre Graphics Day means I've resisted the urge to look too closely at the other miniconfs taking place on Monday. Although I know I'd also like to clone myself to be at the Haecksen miniconf.
Day 2 - Tuesday 19th January
Very much looking forward to Briella Coleman's keynote, then I'll be in the Education miniconf. All day.
Day 3 - Wednesday 20th January
- Build Your Own Contributors, One Part At A Time
- Survey of open source databases
- Changing NZ Desktop Stack to FLOSS
- Unlocking the ivory tower: Free and open source software in collaborative humanities research
- Teaching FOSS at universities
- FOSS and Māori Language Computer Initiatives
Day 4 - Thursday 20th January
- Drupal Under the Hood
- Open Source for Newbies: Attracting and Retaining Talented People for Your Project
- Sahana Disaster Management System - Humanitarian FOSS
Day 5 - Friday 20th January
- Patent defence for free software
- Implementing an Adaptive UI
- Writing Effective Self Help Guides for World Domination
- Space Hacks
- The Bravest Man in New Zealand
Are you going? Get your web badge here: http://www.lca2010.org.nz/media/graphics